Full course description
Webinar: What's New in HIB Law? (Attorney Series)
Live Air Date: November 13, 2019 - 12:00 pm – 1:10 pm
- Michael Kaelber, Esq., LEGAL ONE Coordinator for Online Course Development
- Rebecca Gold,Former Director of Personnel and Administrative Services, Lawrence Township
Join LEGAL ONE staff attorneys in an information-packed webinar discussing the most recent legal developments in HIB affecting New Jersey’s public schools. Included will be a discussion of recent legislative and regulatory enactments involving New Jersey’s Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act and their impact on school district operations, staff and students.
Participants will be provided with a case law update of recent HIB decisions of the Commissioner of Education and the New Jersey and Federal courts as well as emerging trends.
- Identifying acts of HIB, HIB procedures
- Board of education hearings
- Parent access to HIB information
- The intersection of bullying and special education and the impact of the 2019 revised Uniform State Memorandum of Agreement Between Education and Law Enforcement Officials on HIB reporting
This session is eligible for 1.2 NJ and 1.0 PA Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits.
Webinar Access: You can access the webinar in approximately 20 minutes after you register.
Visit http://njpsa.org/sso-sign-on, select Your Online Courses, and click Continue to Sign In.