Full course description
This innovative online course on suicide prevention is designed to provide easy access to critical information. It includes:
- A series of real world scenarios, addressing situations at the elementary, middle school and high school levels, and expert analysis of each scenario;
- An overview of research, best practices and the latest data related to suicidal ideation;
- Supplemental resources and references for those seeking a deeper understanding of key issues; and
- An online assessment tool to ensure that all participants have gained an understanding of the material covered
After completing this course, participants will:
- Demonstrate increased awareness of the problems of youth suicide and how students at risk can be effectively identified and treated.
- Demonstrate increased understanding of mental disorders and other risk factors for youth suicide, so that they are better prepared to identify and refer students who may be at risk.
Click here to register
Click "Login" at top of this page and enter your email and password, or visit http://fea.instructure.com.