Full course description
- David Nash, Esq., LEGAL ONE Director
- Sandra L. Jacques, Esq., LEGAL ONE Supervisor of Legal Research and Content Development
- Rebecca Gold, Retired Director of Human Resources
- Larry Leverett, Ed.D., Coordinator, New Jersey Network of Superintendents, former Superintendent, former Assistant Commissioner, NJDOE, Leverett Education
- Adam Drew, CEO, Three Corners Law Enforcement
- Cynthia Assini, K-12 Supervisor of Social Studies/Gifted and Talented, Hillsborough Twp
Our Affirmative Action Officer Certificate Program provides essential knowledge, skills and tools for every AAO, whether you are newly appointed or an experienced in the role. It includes an overview of state and federal anti-discrimination law, a review of the latest case law, tips for recruiting and supporting a more diverse school staff, tools and strategies for conducting effective investigations, a review of discrimination issues related to current events, including COVID-19 and racial injustice, and tools for promoting a comprehensive and proactive district approach.
Day 1 - January 20, 2021: An Overview of Discrimination Law and the Role of the AAO
Day 2 - January 26, 2021: Conducting AAO Investigations and Addressing Racial Justice and Other Current Events
Day 3 - January 27, 2021: Addressing Implicit Bias and Establishing Comprehensive Systems, Protocols and Capacity
Includes the online course Employment Discrimination Law and additional pre-recorded content, available after the live sessions.
Fee: $400 for members and $500 for non-members