Full course description
This two-hour course gives up-to-date, evidence-based information about bullying, cyberbullying, best practices in bullying prevention, and how school administrators (principals, assistant principals, etc.) can effectively address bullying. This course employs extensive use of video, interactive elements, and case studies to create an engaging experience for participants.
- Your unique role as principal in inspiring change that will positively impact the safety and academic achievement of students in your school.
- The importance of implementing bullying prevention strategies that enhance and work seamlessly with your school’s other Safe School initiatives (such as PBIS, RTI, etc.) and your state laws.
- Finding the funding resources needed to make bullying prevention efforts effective.
- Your role in effectively getting buy-in from school staff and key stakeholders to address bullying behaviors.
- Establishing a school wide Bullying Prevention team that provides leadership in guiding the implementation of bullying prevention strategies.
- The importance of recruiting parents/caregivers in supporting your school’s bullying prevention vision and strategies.
- The importance of a long-term commitment to any bullying prevention strategies and efforts.
Clemson University is the national training center for the award‐winning Olweus Bullying Prevention Program. Members of their faculty and staff are widely considered to be leading experts in the field of bullying and cyber bullying.