Full course description
This online course gives up-to-date, research-based information about bullying, cyber bullying, best practices in bullying prevention, and practical tools and strategies that school counselors and school social workers can use to effectively address bullying. This course makes extensive use of video, interactive elements, and case studies to create an engaging experience for participants.
Participants will be able to:
- Define bullying and cite research about its prevalence
- Identify different ways in which a student is bullied
- Discuss roles beyond being bullied and bullying others that students can play in a bullying situation
- Recognize the common warning signs that a child is being bullied
- Define cyberbullying
- List the effects of bullying
- Describe the best ways to prevent bullying
- Explain their role in bullying prevention and intervention
- Identify additional resources for finding information and help to address bullying among youth
Clemson University is the national training center for the award‐winning Olweus Bullying Prevention Program. Members of their faculty and staff are widely considered to be leading experts in the field of bullying and cyber bullying.
Register at https://portal.njpsa.org/store/events/registration.aspx?event=NYON9