Full course description
- Vicki Duff, Coordinator of Professional Learning, FEA
- Emil Carafa, Coordinator of Professional Learning, FEA
Mentors and school leaders are critical players in the first year journey of a novice teacher. They have the ability to be change makers in building a system that supports learning and continuous improvement of practice. This session will provide mentors and those who train mentors with a robust set of resources and strategies to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the induction process by answering the following questions.
- What are the knowledge and skills that mentors must develop to be effective?
- How is the learning partnership between the mentor and novice developed and nurtured?
- How is the mentoring team formed, expanded and sustained in order to share expertise?
- What strategies are essential to build the capacity of the novice to be successful in their first year?
- How is the relationship enhanced in a remote or hybrid environment?